Volunteer at Floods of Duds
Give. This is what makes our sale different than other area sales. We give in three ways:
- Volunteers give their time. Our sale is 100% run by volunteers and it could not happen without them.
- The children's department gives 10% of the proceeds back to the church's general fund as tithe.
- We encourage consignors to donate items that do not sell to area charities, including Samaritan Center, Cumberland Crisis Pregnancy Center, and local schools.
The more volunteer shifts you work, the better percentage of sales you receive, the lower your fees, and the earlier you get to shop the Presale. Part or all of prepaid consignor fees will be refunded with consignor checks for consignors who work one or more 3-hour Volunteer shifts.
|Number of Volunteer Shifts
||% of Sales
||Shop Early Benefits (This Sale / Next Sale)
|Three or More
||5:30 pm / 5:00 pm
|One or Two
||6:00 pm / N/A
|Zero (Consign Only)
||7:00 pm / N/A
The 6-9pm shift on Friday, August 27, 2021 and all shifts on Saturday, August 28, 2021 will count double towards your volunteer credit.
At Floods of Duds, we offer free childcare while you are working your volunteer shift. You can request childcare for any or all of the time you will be volunteering. To request childcare, please complete this form. Childcare is for volunteers only. We cannot currently offer childcare for check-in appointments or shopping at any time.
Family Volunteer Benefits
Family members who volunteer are allowed to transfer his/her volunteer hours to another family member. Doing so waives any right to a presale pass. Please note that 7th-12th graders can volunteer for service hours only; their hours will not count toward consignor benefits.
- Susie is a registered consignor. She and her husband John are volunteering. Susie is working two 3 hour shifts and John is working one 3-hour volunteer shift. John elects to transfer his 3-hour shift to his wife. Susie will receive benefits for three 3-hour shifts: ONE 5:30 Presale pass, 80% of her sales, $0 fee, and an Early Bird pass for next season’s Presale.
- Cindy is a registered consignor. She and her mother Carol are volunteering. Cindy is working one 3-hour shift and Carol is working one 3-hour shift. Carol elects to transfer her 3-hour shift to her daughter. Cindy will receive benefits for two 3-hour shifts: ONE 6:00 Presale Pass, 75% of her sales, and $6 fee refund.
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Watch our how volunteers transform the church gym: